Are you currently treating most of your cancer patients with prednisone and tramadol? Would you like to offer more with step-by-step guidance?
Hope Veterinary Oncology Services is excited to announce that we now provide remote consultations to general practitioners caring for pets with cancer who don’t have direct access to a veterinary oncologist.
HVOS brings veterinary cancer treatment to the patient in our state-of-the-art mobile oncology unit. Now, we would like to help you and your patients by providing detailed cancer treatment plans based on the latest scientific research and technologies.
You may be surprised to know that only half of our patients are currently receiving traditional intravenous chemotherapy. The other half are being treated with oral chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapies, nutritional support, pain management and supplements. Dr. Rizzo can help you do the same via detailed written guidance with recommendations and responses to specific questions. We can also chat via zoom if you like.
Consultation Report Includes
- Interpretation of current staging and bloodwork
- Recommendations for additional diagnostics
- Typical tumor behavior and prognostic factors where applicable
- Prognosis for the patient with no further treatment
- Prognosis with treatment
- Direct and indirect treatment options
- Chemotherapy / targeted therapy protocol, standardized or custom-designed, depending on the individual circumstances
- Indirect treatment options will include nutritional support, supplements, immune support and/or pain relief
- Additional information as requested:
- Information sheets on chemotherapy or targeted therapy handling and administration
- Abstracts of pertinent literature
- Client information sheets on tumor type and treatment options
Consultation and Follow Up Fees
Initial consultation in-depth report: $250
Follow-up consultations for ongoing case management: $35 per contact. This includes review of pertinent diagnostic data
Optional additional information sheets:
- Client information sheets on tumor type and treatment options: $25
- Most recent peer-reviewed literature pertinent to your case: $15
Arranging a Consultation
Please email us at email@example.com. Please include a summary of the case and your contact information in the body of the email. Please attach pertinent data including medical records, bloodwork results, cytology, biopsy report, images, and imaging reports.
Dr. Rizzo will prepare your report within 72 business hours. Our hours of operation are Sunday – Wednesday 8 am – 5 pm PST.